Are you looking for a paid summer job that is guaranteed to grow you as a person, be the time of your life, and look awesome on a resume? At Camp Aldersgate, you’ll discover more than just a summer job. We offer great summer opportunities for outstanding Christian men and women.
If you are pursuing a career working with children, working at camp is quite possibly the best summer job you could ever put on a resume! All majors can benefit from working a summer at camp. Camp teaches you skills which translate to all industries.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We would like to have you on our staff if you want to help us meet our Mission:
Help People Experience and Share the Love of Jesus Christ
We do this within the boundaries of our Core Values:
- Safety First, Spiritual, Emotional and Physical
- Respect, for People, Camp and Creation
- Commitment, to Christian Spiritual Birth, Growth and Renewal
- Friendships, New and Stronger
- Have Fun
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR STAFF:
- When available below; submit an online application.
- If your application qualifies for one of our open positions, we will contact you to set up a personal interview. We would love it if you could make it out to camp for the interview, but if you can’t do that, don’t let that stop you from applying. We can make other arrangements if need be.
- Submit 3 references after the interview.
- Get hired and make a difference in the world by being important in the life of a child.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for individuals to join us in this adventure who:
- Are 18 or older by June 1st. Except for Kitchen Assistants, must be 16 and have reliable transportation.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to share it with others. Including Kitchen Assistants.
- Enjoy working with children and being in the outdoors.
- Detest and agree to abstain from gossip at all cost. (We are so serious about this, it’s the first thing on very short list called “Get Fired For These Things”. This one includes everyone. Gossip messes up Christian community and we will not work with people who gossip.)
- Like to have fun…seriously.
- Can attend the entirety of staff training. (varies depending on position. we will talk about this during the interview, or when you call or email us to ask)
POSITIONS WE ARE LOOKING TO FILL
(You must live at camp Sunday through Friday)
Camp Counselor (Female Positions are open, Male Positions are open)
Counselors lead campers through the entire camp experience by supervising them, leading certain activities, facilitating daily spiritual development by leading Bible studies, morning watch, and teachable moments, and more! This is not an entry level easy position. We are looking for people with real experience leading kids and youth. (Sunday School Leader, Baby Sitting/Nannying, VBS, Teaching, Tutoring, Coaching, Day Care, etc are some examples of real experience working with kids)
Program Coordinator (Female Positions are open, Male Positions are full for 2017)
This position can be an entry level position. No experience required. You will coordinate one age groups’ activities. You provide direct support to counselors by ensuring they are stocked with the supplies they need for each activity. You attend a daily program staff meeting to coordinate with the other Program Coordinators and Program Supervisors to keep everything running smooth.
Program Supervisors (Female Positions are full for 2017, Male Position is open )
This is a supervisory position. Experience required in supervising others or Camp Counseling. Our Male Counselor Supervisor supervises male counselors and our Female Counselor Supervisor supervises female counselors. Our Program Supervisor supervises Program Coordinators. Supervisors provide leadership of “specialized” programs.
Health Director (Position open)
This position dispenses all medications, keeps records of all medications and incidents up to date, deals with the majority of first aid and illness issues that may come up during camp. Must have major organizational skills and love details. This is a great positions for someone pursuing a degree in the medical field.
Waterfront Director (Position is full for 2017)
This position supervises all aquatic activities and staff. The primary duty is ensure safety at all times. Provide inservice training to lifeguards. Keep waterfront clean and organized. Keep all waterfront equipment and boats in a clean, maintained and ready condition. Must have experience as a lifeguard. Preferred aquatics management experience.
(These positions do not include housing for the summer.)
Cooks (AM and/or PM) (Positions open)
Work to deliver our handmade menu. We DO NOT USE preprocessed frozen food. Supervise Kitchen Assistants.
Kitchen Assistant (AM and/or PM) (Positions full for 2017)
Help the cooks prepare handmade meals. Wash dishes, Assist in other kitchen duties.
Visiting RN (Position full for 2017)
Visit camp at least an hour each day to check in with our Health Director. Review logs, give second opinions, be on call for questions/support. Assist with camper check in on Sunday afternoons
If you have questions, give us a call or drop us an email on our Contact Us page